A box typically contains 8-12 different items, depending on the season. Vegetables we grow for you include (alphabetical):
Arugula, Basil, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage (Red, Green, & Chinese Napa), Carrots, Cauliflower, Chard, Cilantro, Cucumbers, Corn, Dill, Fennel, Garlic, Green Beans, Dry Beans, Green Onions, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Lettuce, Parsley, Peas (sugar snap), Peppers (sweet & hot), Potatoes, Radishes, Salad Mix, Sunchokes, Tomatillos, Tomatoes (cherry, heirloom & big red), Turnips, Winter Squash, Zucchini.
Do you include your specialty items like sundried cherry tomatoes, relish, or hot sauce in the CSA?
No, our supply of these popular items (which we usually sell at our market) is not consistent enough to include them in the CSA, BUT we’ll still be making them in 2020 so will offer them to CSA members as special add-on orders, along with any other seasonal items we offer
Can you do substitutions for food sensitivities?
Unfortunately, the logistics of a CSA do not allow us to address individual requests for substitutions. We’ve had many different requests regarding sensitivities to nightshades, brassicas, alliums, and more… Due to the pace, volume, logistics, and crop-planning involved in running our CSA, we are unable to customize boxes.
Do you offer half-shares?
We only offer one size of veggie box, which is well-suited for two or more people who are committed to planning their meals around each week’s veggies (or a single person who LOVES veggies, juices/cans a ton, or loves to entertain!) A small box involves the same logistics and overhead cost as a full box, with half the income – this is not financially viable for our scale of operation.
Options if a full box is too much to eat each week:
- Sharing a box with friends or family members works well for many of our members. We hear a lot of great stories of people discovering the joy of sharing the box and recipes every week.
- Some of our members store, freeze or process food for the winter. Many veggies store really well in the fridge, pantry, garage, or other cool spot.
- Sweet Digz Bucks are a solution for some people who love to support our farm, invest up-front, and choose their own weekly veggies at our Saturday Market.
If I go away, can I postpone or get a refund for that week’s box?
Sorry, we do not offer postponement or a refund, as this would involve logistics beyond our capacity. You have 2 options:
- Find someone to use your veggies for you while you’re away – we deliver to your home as usual, no need to notify us
- Cancel your box ahead of time. Simply text or email by by Monday that you’d like to cancel or donate this week’s box.
If you have additional questions, feel free to email us! at kimi(at)sweetdigzfarm.ca